We’ve already talked about what a great place the Village at Castle Pines is for raising a family And for those actively working in Denver, you already know how great our proximity is to your work. But you might be wondering about the value of a Douglas County gated community if you’ve hit retirement age.
Here are seven great reasons to consider the Village of Castle Pines as your home whether you are just considering retirement or are well into that phase of life.
- Proximity to an international airport and hub to two major airlines. For many people, retirement means traveling. The Village is a 40-minute drive from a busy, well-connected airport without the normal population density that comes with that benefit. And if you love mountains Castle Pines is just an hour’s drive to the Rocky Mountains.
- Variety of home styles to fit your lifestyle needs. Because the Village has several styles of homes in its planned development you can choose the kind of home that fits where you are in your life. If you love gardening and want a big garden, we have homes on multi-acre lots to feed your creative spirit. (and a fantastic Garden Club so you can find your people!). If you want zero maintenance, we have condo-style homes with maintenance included.
- Lock and Leave. The developers of this community knew it would be a big draw for travelers and designed it to be locked and leave. Our Emergency Services team will do home walk-throughs, monitor your home security, and work to keep your home as safe as feasible while you are away. And knowing the gate is there adding another level of safety to our community gives you peace of mind while you are relaxing on your travels. One less thing to worry about. Check.
- An ACTIVE community. Just because you’ve retired doesn’t mean you are sitting around. Our active community includes tennis leagues, pickleball, bike riders, 13 miles of hiking trails, and more! There are community events for adults only as well as family-friendly events you can bring the grandkids to. We embrace your lifestyle and meet you with the very best amenities.
- Sunshine. If you’re considering moving to Colorado from another state, we should tell you that our best-kept secret is the amazing sunshine. Even when we get snow and rain, we get sun (and rainbows!). You simply can’t be down when you are surrounded by sunshine and rainbows!
- Views for days. Gorgeous front range views, colorful sunrises, abundant wildlife, vast open spaces. When we say “if Colorado had an address, it would be the Village at Castle Pines” we mean it. When people tell you why they love Colorado it usually includes these things. Who needs entertainment when you have everything you need from your porch.
- But in case you DO want entertainment…Douglas County residents enjoy the arts and culture that being close to both Denver and Colorado Springs provides us. The Lone Tree Art Center has a robust mix of arts programming throughout the year. If you prefer athletics to arts, look no further than the FIVE major professional sports leagues (football, basketball, hockey, soccer and baseball!), collegiate sports and many more amateur sports.
Whether you are a local Douglas County resident looking to settle down for retirement, or live out-of-state and are considering your options, you owe it to yourself to take a look at The Village at Castle Pines for your weeks of Saturdays ahead.