TRASH & RECYCLING
Trash and recycling collection is one of the valuable community services provided by the Castle Pines Homes Association and is paid for out of the monthly assessments.
Waste Management is the contracted service provider for all trash and recycling collection within the Village.
Waste Management’s customer service number is 303-797-1600.
Trash pickups are twice a week and are scheduled for either Mondays & Thursdays OR Tuesdays and Fridays, depending upon where you live. Split Schedule Trash Pickup Map.
- Garbage toters and cans of any kind are not permitted in the Village
- Garbage must be put out in plastic trash bags.
- Please do not use the white kitchen trash bags as they are extremely vulnerable to birds and other wildlife
- The CPHA recommends using the contractor type, black trash bags with a rating of 2 mil or greater thickness
- Bags can be placed outside no earlier than 5 am on the day of pickup
- Trash may not be put out the night before.
- Please have your trash and recycling out no later than 7 am as the Waste Management trucks are in the Village picking up promptly at 7 am
Trash bags are to be placed at the end of your driveway near the roadway. For residences on common roadways, please make sure to place trash bags several feet back from the roadway during heavy snow days so that the snow plows can navigate the streets successfully
Waste Management will pick up a maximum of 10 bags per residence. If you have large items to dispose of, moving boxes or crates, or more than 10 trash bags please contact Waste Management customer service at 303.797.1600 to schedule a special pick up as they will not pick up these items without prior arrangement and there may be a fee associated.
Recycling containers are available at the CPHA office. Residents may check out a maximum of two containers, free of charge. Visit the front reception to sign them out. Recycling containers are to be placed at the end of your driveway near the roadway.
Landscape and Construction Waste
Waste management will take branches and limbs as long as they are cut into sections 4’ long or less and tied into bundles.
They will not pick up loose piles of branches. The Metro District has an annual “brush clean up” event where they will pick up tree branches at no charge. The Village is split into different areas by dates for pickup – for more information call the Metro District at 303-688-8330.
Landscape materials that are put out as trash for Waste Management may only be placed on the curb on the day of pickup and no earlier than 5 am. You may place these items next to your house until pickup day, but you may receive a notice of violation and fine if you put them out on the curb before then.
Construction waste should be placed in approved dumpsters. Contact the Design Review representative for more information.
Thank you for helping us to keep our community beautiful!