Recreational opportunities abound in the Village. Whether strolling the hiking trails at sunset, swimming laps in the early summer morning hours, playing a game of double’s tennis or working up a sweat at the Fitness Center, there is something for everyone.
Canyon Club The Canyon Club is located on the south side of the Village, right inside Gate 4, and is the perfect place for families and neighbors to gather. Features include:
- A family swimming pool with a kiddie pool
- A Pavilion with a built-in gas fireplace and barbecue grills
- Five state-of-the-art tennis courts
- Four pickleball courts that include a basketball hoop
- A 60-yard playing field
- A sand volleyball court
- A playground area
CPV’s youth swim team (The CPV Stingrays) holds their practices and meets at the Canyon Club.
Canyon Club pool hours
Monday through Thursday from 11:00 am to 8:00 pm.
Friday and Saturday from 10:00 am to 9:00 pm.
Sunday 10:00 am to 8:00 pm.
Summit Club The Summit Club resides on the north side of the Village, inside gate 5. The club features:
- Kid-friendly family swimming pool
- Locker rooms
- Playing field
The Summit Club pool hours
Sunday through Thursday 10:00 am to 8:00 pm
Friday and Saturday 10:00 am to 9:00 pm
Village Lake Fitness Center
The Village Lake Fitness Center is recently renovated and located on the south side of the Village at the corner of Castle Pines Drive South and Prospect Drive. The fitness center features include:
- Lap pool and spa, May to November
- Exercise/stretching room
- Cardio room with treadmills, ellipticals, spin bikes, rowers, and recumbent bikes
- Free weight room and more.
Summer Fitness Center hours are 4:30 am to 10:00 pm daily.
- There is no lifeguard on duty at the pool.
- The Fitness Center is for use by adults 18 and up.
- The entrance to the facility is by Fitness Center access cards.
- Each resident is required to sign a user agreement at the CPHA before they can use the Fitness Center.
The Village at Castle Pines includes a trail system of approximately 13 miles running throughout the community.
The types of trails differ: some are hard surface asphalt or concrete paved trails; others are composed of loose recycled asphalt or gravel, and a few others are rustic native trails. In addition to normal pedestrian traffic, bicycles are permitted on the Village trails. Horses and motorized vehicles or scooters are not permitted on any of the trails. Need a copy of the trail map? Stop by the CPHA office during regular office hours and we would be more than happy to provide you with one.
Playgrounds and Pocket Parks
There are three playgrounds, also known as pocket parks, inside the Village.
- On the north side of the Village, there is Equinox Park located on Country Club Parkway, and Equinox and Summit Park are located on Country Club Drive inside Gate 5.
- On the south side is the largest playground located at the Canyon Club.
Please note that dogs are not allowed off-leash anywhere within the Village. There are “mutt-mitt” stations located throughout the Village to provide you with a doggie waste disposal bag. Please deposit the waste bags in the containers at the stations.
Map of the “Mutt Mitt” Stations
The Village court complex is located at the Canyon Club and comprises five tennis courts, and a ball machine for individual practice. The tennis facilities are available to all Village residents and may be reserved on this website.
Learn More: Tennis Lessons, Tennis Social Events, Reserving a Tennis Court, Tennis Teams
The playing fields at the Canyon Club and the Summit Club are available to residents and their guests for use for soccer, lacrosse, football, baseball, and other outdoor sports activities.
Learn More: Reserving the Playing Fields for Team Sports